Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Daily Routine - May 2011

Since I'm basically living out of a suitcase and working on a case study for a month now, my product use and makeup is at a minimum. However, these are the products I'm using :

Neutrogena Fine Fairness Cleanser

I bought this thinking about the brand, and also because as Indians, well, aren't we forever in search of fairness products. However, more than just a fairness face wash, I absolutely love this cleanser because it immediately removes all the dirt and extra oil from my skin, and I can notice the immmediate glow after I was my face. Love this - will definitely repurchase.




Lotus Herbals Safe Sun Skin Lightening Anti-Tan Sunblock SPF 30

Okay, so Indian summers = SUNBLOCK MANDATORY!!! There is absolutely no escape to this. Now I know using a moisturizer year-round is kind of a beauty mantra, but anyone who has lived in India will know that it is absolutely impossible to use any kind of moisturizer after washing your face, in the summers. I use this SPF 30 anti-tan sunblock on my face and neck. For my arms and other exposed areas, I use the Safe Sun 3-in-1 Matte-Look Daily Sunblock SPF 40.


My regular outfit for my internship is either black formal trousers and a shirt, or indian formals (think FabIndia kurtas and leggings). I keep my
make-up minimal, using only eyeliner, kajal and lip balm.

M.A.C Liquid Eyeliner in Boot Black

I worship M.A.C. Enough said.

However, liquid liner is my Achilles' heel. Everyone has that one little simple thing that they're total fails at, and this happens to be mine. Its so difficult for me to get a straight, even line! And my attempts at winging out the ends make me look no less than a clown. But I am slowly getting better :D

So on the days when I don't have enough time / can't be bothered to fuss with liquid liner, I usually stick to pencil liners which are a dream to apply..

Streetwear Eye Pencil in Black Currant (Top)

Again, sorry for the picture quality :P This eye pencil is SUPER dark, SUPER pigmented, and smudges like crazy. Its absolutely does NOT stay on the eyelid or the waterline. The only plus point is the creamy, dark dark dark formula. I use this on my eyelid if I'm going for a smoky look, for which i just apply it close to the lashes and smudge it with a brush. I also use this if I want a really dark line on my waterline, in which case I set it with black powder shadow because THIS PENCIL WILL SMUDGE! It leaks out and collects at the corners of the eyes and also smudges under the waterline (not what we want at all!!!).
But once I set it with powder
eyeshadow, it behaves and stays on, and I get a wonderfully rich colour lining my eyes. Will I
repurchase? Maybe not, if I find another dark pencil that stays on better.

Streetwear Stay On Eyeliner in Onyx (Bottom)

I absolutely LOVE this product. Excuse me for the picture quality, but it comes in a wonderfully sleek packaging of a silver stick with black cap, and its a retractable, precise eyeliner. This means no sharpening required (which I love). The colour is dark, and the formula is smooth, it glides on easily both above the eyelid and on the waterliner. However, its not very creamy, which means its not easy to smudge for smoky looks. I prefer this more for its preciseness than anything else - it doesn't smudge on the waterline, and is really smooth and precise on the eyelid. Will definitely repurchase.

This was my first beauty blog post! *yay* More coming hopefully regularly now.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment