Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Product Review : Meylon Paris 6 Blush Palette

So sometime in February I got an email with promotional offers from new, unheard of cosmetic brands, and I decided to give one a try. The picture in the email looked like this :



Nothing looked interesting, and I was about to dismiss and delete the email (like I usually do with promotional spam), then I decided to give it a try and maybe do a product review sometime. The only item that looked remotely interesting was the blush palette. With 6 promising-looking shades, it seemed to be a convenient option to toss into my purse while travelling. Since I haven't been able to get my hands on any custom-made palettes from any big brands yet, I ordered this palette from Meylon. When it arrived, it was in perfect condition, and the real product looks like this :

The colours are really pretty, and definitely usable. They appear slightly chalky, but transfer on to the skin just fine. To give a better idea about the colours, I tried to compare them to other branded shades and found them to be close dupes of the following colours :

Top row (l - r)
1. M.A.C Well Dressed
2. M.A.C Pink Swoon
3. M.A.C Melba

Bottom row (l - r)
1. M.A.C Dollymix
2. M.A.C Loverush, Colorbar Cosmic Rose
3. M.A.C Tenderling

The top center and the bottom left ones appear too dark and maybe not exactly desirable colours but with the right kind of application, I've found that I can use one swipe to create subtle flushes of colour. Of these, my favourite is definitely the bottom row, middle one (it reminds me of Colorbar Cosmic Rose, one of my all-time favourites). All the colours are matte, very pigmented and buildable. The swatches on my skin look like this :

The colours can be made as subtle or deep as desired. I had difficulty swatching the bottom row, right one because its not very pigmented and seemed most chalky. Its a medium brown shade that seems to be somewhere in the middle between a brownish blush and a matte bronzer, but isn't effective for either purpose.

I happen to know that this palette is also available at one of the complexes on Commercial Street, Bangalore, at a small shop that sells fake M.A.C products but also stocks lovely VS body sprays.

Will I buy it again, if I find it? No.

My rating? 2.5 / 5

Extremely convenient for travelling, but the colours are nothing special. For specific travel purposes I would recommend palettes from other companies, some even offer build-your-own ones.


xoxo

2 comments: