Tuesday, January 10, 2012

M.A.C Mini-Haul

I went to Hyderabad GVK Mall, and the first thing that caught my eye was the M.A.C shop! I was super excited, the new Peacocky collection was on display. After catching a quick bite, I walked in and went totally crazy about EVERYTHING. :P The sales assistant was extremely helpful, and I was the only customer for about 25 minutes. After a number of permutations-combinations-calculations, I bought :

1. M.A.C Venomous Villains eyeshadow in Vile Violet

Vile Violet is a "deep dirty blue purple", a limited edition eyeshadow from the Venomous Villains collection, part of the Evil Queen range. Its a matte shade and like all M.A.C products, is amazing quality and very pigmented. The colour flatters brown eyes like most purples do, and swatches on my skin like this :


Price in India : Indian Rupee symbol.svg 945 (pan of shadow with case)

2. M.A.C Fluidline Gel Eyeliner in Waveline


Thank God for gel eyeliners. More precise than a pencil, more forgiving than a liquid, gel eyeliners are the way to go for people who are unable to master the fine art of drawing the thinnest, most even and perfect line on the lashes. I usually use pencils, and have been on the lookout for a gel eyeliner ever since I watched videos and read reviews about it. I couldn't resist picking this one up, because once the SA swatched it on my hand I absolutely fell it love with the rich indigo shade this one gives. M.A.C describes Waveline as a "navy blue with low level gold pearl". Its a gorgeous colour, very different from any other blues I've seen in the market!

Price in India : Indian Rupee symbol.svg 1000

3. M.A.C 168 Large Angled Contour Brush

Ever since my love affair with blushes, bronzers and highlighters, I've been on the lookout for the perfect contouring brush and what better than the famed M.A.C 168! The fibres are soft, bundled together and haven't splayed out yet, which is a good sign. It applies the colour on my cheeks so beautifully and contours like a dream. M.A.C brushes are expensive, but definitely an investment (this justifies the crazy amount of money I spent on it :P).


Price in India : Indian Rupee symbol.svg 1930. It costs a bomb, but beats every other brush in the market.

Tutorials/FOTDs using the above products coming soon! :)

Also, when I was at M.A.C, the SA helped me try on a number of products that he felt would suit my skin tone well. He seemed to enjoy using the products on my face (:P) and advised me to keep it on for the rest of the day. Next post : FOTD of the day I went to M.A.C. :)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment