Tuesday, January 10, 2012

FOTD after a visit to M.A.C

(FOTD = Face Of The Day)

My visit to the M.A.C store at GVK Mall, Hyderabad, was at 11 am, and the SA was extremely helpful. He let me try on any product that caught my eye and expertly applied the shades that he felt would suit my skin tone.

When I went, I had already done up my face with a tinted base, powder fix, basic black eyeliner and M.A.C Technakohl liner in Auto de Blu (pictured on left) that I own already. I had worn nothing on my cheeks, and just basic tinted lipbalm, for a day out to the movies and shopping with my guardian family.

The first thing I did at the M.A.C store was get
my skin tone re-evaluated to adjust for any changes due to summer tanning. I guess I haven't tanned much (thank you sunblock!), my skin shade is still NC 40. The SA blended the M.A.C Mineralize Satin Finish SPF 15 Foundation (pictured on right) on my face using a sponge, avoiding my eye area, thus preserving my eye makeup and still blending the foundation effortlessly into my skin.

The next section I explored were the blushes, and he immediately picked up a bright pink - coral powder blush and blended it into the apples of my cheeks up to my temples using a 116 blush brush. He used the colour "Fleur Power" (pictured on left) which M.A.C describes as "soft bright pinkish-coral" with a satin finish. The colour looks extremely bright in the pan but he blended it into my cheeks so well that my face looked immediately defined and added a pop of colour to my look. Much to my surprise, it didn't clash with the dark eyeliner I had applied and only made my look more "finished" than before.

When I left, the SA suggested that instead of removing the blush that he had applied to one cheek, he would rather apply it to my other cheek as well, so that I could wear it throughout the day :P That made my FOTD for an amazing day out at the movies and window shopping! The makeup stayed on all day, till I got a chance to take a picture at home. The final look :


I <3 M.A.C!!!! :D

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment