Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Product Review : Lakme Face Magic Daily Wear Souffle

I haven't experimented much with foundations since I hardly wear them for college or even days out... I still own one, but I don't like it much (I think its the Lakme one in a bottle). It doesn't seem to suit my skin tone and doesn't agree with my combination skin either :-/

There's a wedding coming up in the family next month, so I thought it was the perfect opportunity to try a foundation that would be easy to carry, easy to use and would suit my skin as well. I know I'm a NC 40 in M.A.C, but its difficult to translate that into the tones of any other brand :|

I was in Secunderabad, and walked into a huge store that had an entire floor dedicated to cosmetic counters.. I explored Maybelline, Bourjois, Lotus herbals, Colorbar, but didn't find anything small or convenient enough to carry to Orissa. I finally chanced upon the Lakme counter, and saw this product in its oh-so-cute packaging and with such an attractive name.. I couldn't resist picking it up, need or no need :P I remember the ads on TV long ago for this product, where one swipe on a painting evens out the complexion of the painting. Anyway, it was time to try it on myself.


The packaging is really cute, and the little pot looks so convenient! The label graphics say :

For longlasting, flawless radiance, apply Face Magic Daily Wear Souffle before stepping out everyday!
Discover Lakme's Face Magic Daily Wear Souffle. A lightweight water-based foundation that gently evens out your complexion. With the goodness of Sunscreen, Cucumber Extracts and Vitamin E, it provides UV protection in addition to soothing and moisturizing your skin, giving you a natural flawless glow.

Orissa in the summers is HOT, HUMID and death to hair and makeup. This sounded like the perfect product to combat the weather and attend the wedding. Its water-based, which is what I was looking for, and promises to even out complexion, which I need.

I asked the SA to give me the one that suits my skin tone.. Unfortunately, there were no testers. She gave me Shade : Natural Pearl for fair skin. I asked her about 6 times whether she was SURE it was the right one for me :P

Anyway, when I got home and opened the packaging, it looked something like this :


Um. Messy. Maybe it was the heat in the car while we were shopping, or the product was runny anyway, but it seemed to have spilt out from the edges. I removed the plastic cover from the glass bottle and well.. messy messy messy. :-|


I took a little bit on my fingers to check the consistency.. Its runny and definitely not very heavy. I was still unsure about the shade that the SA had sold to me.


I tried it on, and it went on smoother than I had thought. It felt cool and watery, and extremely light. Yay, just what I wanted :D And the shade was perfect. It felt a tad bit sticky for the first 5 minutes, then settled into my skin and I couldn't feel it at all after that. I dusted a bit of loose powder over it and I was done. My skin looked totally natural and like I was wearing nothing at all, even after the three layers (sunscreen, foundation, powder). This product may just convert me to a foundation-believer, especially since all my past experiences have been major fails (too heavy, too sticky, etc).


Lakme Face Magic Daily Wear Souffle

Shade : Natural Pearl for fair skin
Price : Indian Rupee symbol.svg99 for 30 ml (sooo affordable!)

Will I repurchase? Yes, if I manage to finish this one with my limited use :P

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I too love this,But the consistency is that of thick and moussy type,not that foamy.
    Even my Souffle turned watery and runny,I think it is bcz of Heat.
    But the original consistency is fabulous and blends like dream.

    ReplyDelete